On November 17, 2020, Strategic Management and SAI Global discussed how to evaluate the effectiveness of your compliance hotline program and best practices to enhance the existing program.
Since 1998, HHS OIG has issued Compliance Guidance documents that outline seven elements of an effective compliance program. Much of the OIG’s Compliance Guidance focuses on confidential compliance communication channels and hotline operations. More recently, the DOJ issued its own guidance, “Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs” to assist prosecutors in evaluating the effectiveness of a compliance program at time the offense. Many of questions used to evaluate the compliance program address the organization’s hotline and confidential reporting channels.
Our Webinar provides a means by which organizations may self-evaluate their hotline operation by applying HHS OIG standards and DOJ prosecutor questions. Topics that will be covered in the Webinar include:
- Guidance from HHS OIG, DOJ and USSC
- Hotline structure, implementation and standard policies
- Checklists when engaging a hotline vendor
- Promoting the hotline to your workforce
- Factors that affect report volume
- Report in-take and reporter feedback
- Investigating and resolving reports
- Managing hotline information
- Monitoring and auditing the hotline program and process
A Q&A session followed the presentation.
Watch this Webinar On-Demand
through our partner, SAI Global
Richard P. Kusserow established Strategic Management Services, LLC to assist health care organizations develop, implement and assess compliance programs. Mr. Kusserow has worked with health care organizations to conduct compliance program effectiveness evaluations, deliver advisory s...